Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Friday 6 July 2007

Let's go fly a kite...

Or alternatively spend the entire day together at a wind tunnel where you'll try your hand at hang-gliding or parachuting, or some other neutered form of once genuinely dangerous not to mention out door activity.

I mean if you're going to parachute you might have the guts to put your life somewhat on the line.

Actually it wasn't me, and I wasn't there, and I had forgotton all about it until just before 9:00 this evening. In the mean time I'd fielded calls from an increasingly concerned son of the Big Swinging Dick. Dad, you see, left the house at 7:00 this morning to Go To A Meeting.

What the fuck am I supposed to say? Your dad's taking the Handmaiden up the wind tunnel? Yoda finally reminded me that this cosy excursion was the Big Man's gift to the birthday girl herself. The two of us could only goggle at each other, neither quite prepared to unburden. I think they're a useless grubby pair of degraded middle aged fools. Yoda is likely to come over all morally indignant. You see even in extremis the two of us cannot tune to the same frequency. Locked in our own individual loneliness and isolation, separated by a few unbridgeable feet we said our goodnights a few minutes later and went our separate ways.

This is a story that I'd quite have enjoyed sharing with my own Grubby Bastard, under certain circumstances - such as sobriety. Chance would be a fine thing. Not withstanding the responsibility he shoulders in my absence for the safety and well being of one young child he was legless and jabbering innanities by the time I got home. Unfortunately since he'd heard about the trip on his own jungle drums mostly he droned on about the pair of them.

Half a whole fucking hour I had to listen to him as he swayed about the kitchen. That's a whole half hour of my life he won't give back to me - along with a lot of other stuff the fucker's stolen from me down through the years. By my estimation tonight's was a three bottle sway. About as bad as it get's before he actually falls over. One day, if I'm really lucky, he'll crack his head open and set me free.

No comments: