Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Monday 30 July 2007

You give them an inch

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. That was supposed to be my working week, followed by a clear two day break, and then another four days. That working stretch included working a Thursday night then turning around and being up for 8:00 so that the Big Swinging Dick and I could get off in good time and prepare ourselves on Friday. That, by the way amounted to an 11 hour gap between the end of one shift and the start of the next, which I have a feeling is either something I had the legal right to refuse or which my employer had no legal right even to ask of me.

Then after night shift I turned around and covered someone some one's arse on Sunday. I have to admit there were no catastrophe's and even Pea Brain was fairly tolerable to work with most of the time. Came home, got some kip in family came back from outing etc etc.

Now my phone's gone off. Senior Frustrated Novelist has phoned in with severe gynaecological problems and she won't come in until she's seen her doctor. That means me doing this evening, possibly tomorrow and possibly not having a single day off between now and my holiday in the second half of August.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. Because I'm not. All I got from the Big Swinging Dick, second hand, was "she'll probably appreciate the money".

No comments: