Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Thursday 30 August 2007

Phut post

I did the morning shift and I did something wrong. I don't know what, yet. I got in on time. I had my crib sheet with me - I am after all talking a six o'clock in the morning start, and I have to hit the ground running rather than loll about with coffee for a couple of hours while my brain warms gently.

I remembered for the most part what I was required to accomplish and in what order; my notes were adequate for those few moments when confidence ebbed (as caffeine levels dipped).

By the time the checkout supervisor arrived for work I had finished. Done and dusted. No dramas. No recounts. No calls to anyone for advice. Smooth as the proverbial baby's backside.

What the fuck didn't I do? What the fuck did I do wrong?

I know that I'll be set straight when I turn up for my next shift, probably with a laugh to lighten the moment, and they'll never know that I've agonised over this.

No comments: