Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Friday 28 September 2007

I know, I know

As a MAHList I should be above these things. I can't help myself. This morning I am frankly revelling in the discomfiture of Peter Jensen and his ilk who've been outmanoeuvred in the struggle for the right to ordain female bishops in the Aussie anglican church. Never mind the religion feel the emancipation.
Sydney Anglican Archbishop Peter Jensen, whose diocese led the case against women bishops, said he was disappointed by the decision.

"While I respect the judicial procedures which have led to this result I am disappointed that the matter has now been resolved in this way," Dr Jensen said.

"Those who are opposed to this development base their objection on conscientious grounds as a matter of biblical principle. "

The innovation will inevitably create ongoing difficulties around the church for decades to come."
So that's decades of fun for on-lookers; in the history of slow train wrecks this could be one of the slowest on record.

No comments: