Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Saturday 15 September 2007

Playing favourites

Phut. That's a definite. And also Phug. These are sophisticated terms of abuse, readily distinguished from common vulgarisms by the deployment of the almost archaic 'Ph'. In Wales these words are spelled LLut and LLug or possibly FFut and Ffug or even, maybe, Ddut and Ddug. I don't know, but then my grasp of the venerable and honourable language of Our Fathers of Cymru is rather feeble. This is so you can spot sophisticated Welsh abuse. Haven't spotted any sophisticated Welsh abuse? Well I never.

You played beautiful rubgy today boyos. We played better. Nur nur nee nur nur.

I will return when I turn seven or when I sober up; which ever comes first. Oh how did the Enger-lish do yesterday evening? Hm.

No comments: