Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Saturday 15 September 2007

What's happening?

Well the Bolshie Book Worm's rear end issue hasn't gone away and the topical solution time frame is drawing to a close. The alternative which she is facing up to is the surgical approach. That means cutting but packing rather than stitching and months of recuperation. Speculation is already rife about who will get the task of filling her boots. Her departure will coincide with the semi-retirement of the Cowman and that adds to the intrigue, because Desperate Dave's the second highest paid member of staff. The money freed up by his retirement will fund considerable additional hours within the business over and above the hours he'll no longer be working, such is the gap between what he's paid and the actual going rate for his job.

All in all the 'opportunity' I've enjoyed over the past few weeks to demonstrate my capacity to haul my arse out of bed by 4:30 and be compos mentis by 6:00 might well stand me in very good stead indeed. Do I want it? Yes actually. Very much.

And it isn't just a matter of the better pay. The fact remains the core elements of my current job amount to that pitcher of warm spit and the bits I enjoy most are the bits I get into when I've got those core elements out of the way. Just as I'm the sort who'll eat first those bits on my plate I least savour so I prefer to get the crap out of the way so I can relax and enjoy. I don't enjoy being locked away in a room devoid of fresh air and natural light, sometimes not seeing a friendly face for hours on end, at the beck and call of absolutely everyone. This would be a chance to have some influence over the way things are done.

Everyone's entitled to a dream...

No comments: