Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Monday 19 November 2007

Number crunching

The object of the exercise this month is runs on the board, and never mind how agricultural the shots.

Because of Senior Frustrate Novelist's resignation and departure during the first week and Paper-Shuffler-in-Chief's prolonged illness last week my window of writing opportunity has narrowed almost to the point of disappearing altogether. To be blut I looked at my schedule on Saturday and worked out I would have just three full clear writing days between then and the last submission date which obviously is 30 November.

Therefore it became critical that I knuckle down today and churn out some stuff. As it is and rather surprisingly given how bogged down I'd become I have now burned off over 7,000 words and I'd be prepared to wager something not entirely valueless that not all those words will have been deleted by the time the last draft has been polished off.

This is because I've got past the set-up and I'm pounding towards the really fun bit where the thing I'd envisaged at the outset will be unveiled from within the swirl of wordage.

If the other two remaining full days of writing are as productive as today I will be home comfortably and possibly with some initial re-writing under my belt too.

I am feeling so much better again. The fog has lifted and can see my way clearly. So now I'm opening a book on what disaster will next befall this venture.

No comments: