Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Friday 16 November 2007

Quickly

The reason for the relatively few posts this week should have been a consequence of serious word churning on my part; sadly that is not the case and after satisfactory first week progress things have almost ground to a halt right at the point when I should be enjoying myself most in a romp between the awkward business of setting things up and the tricky business of delivering the denouement.

I had budgeted for Senior Frustrated Novelist's departure, I hadn't banked on the Paper-Shuffler-in-Chief coming down with some bug and Being Away From The Office for the week. That's left me carrying the office, in the sense of getting done what normally takes the efforts of three people over a week of shifts running 6am to 9pm. These have been long and exhausting days of 4:30 wake up calls and drawn out evenings trying to persuade my exhausted body that I really should be going to bed at 9:00 to go to sleep.

It is too early to throw in the towel, next week might be a whole lot better, but at the moment I have quite literally lost the plot (and the character and motivation and tone and voice and ... ). Some time yesterday I hammered out enough words take me slightly over the 25,000 (half way) mark.

I'm not sure I'll be getting to 26k this side of Monday evening.

No comments: