Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Sunday 2 December 2007

Addendum: the best bit

After the shenanigans relayed in the previous post and as we were closing up the telephone rang. It was one of the attending officers. Had she by any chance left some paper work in the security suite?

When the security suite isn't being used for the interrogation of suspected thieves it is being used as an office by the staff who as part of their duties prepare orders and by our chief butcher as a doss house. It isn't particularly tidy.

"Can you give me a description, please?" I asked in my best brisk and efficient telephone voice. I wasn't taking the piss, honest. Still can't believe I put it like that. Why couldn't I just have said 'Wha' duz i' loo' like?' as anyone else would have done?

No comments: