Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Thursday 13 December 2007

Sorry

It is time I faced up to the truth. Last night the offspring sat on the edge of her bed running through the set she and the rest of the school 'choir' will be inflicting on unsuspecting shoppers in a own near us this morning.

She can't sing. She cannot carry a tune. When it comes to carols to gladden the heart of the archest of arch traditionalists the words are familiar, the tune (such as it is) could be absolutely anything and probably over the course of a rendition is pretty much everything.

Sorry sweet heart. You had to inherit something from me. You can't do maths. You are disorganised and dishevelled. But you've inherited my voice.

3 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I wonder how some people (not us) have perfect pitch, carrying notes in their heads that they are able to reproduce exactly. I think it must be lovely to sing in a choir. Sadly, not for me either They wouldn't have me.

Sorry I haven't visited recently. I've been off the blog for a while - no good reason.

Is your hair still pink? (Has your offspring inherited your hair colour along with your voice???)

Please drop by some time and let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

Leigh Russell said...

Where are you henrietta?