Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Sunday 2 December 2007

Sex and chocolate

I've been at a loose end for days now, which is the downside of finishing the first draft of my gothic horror novella.

I have achieve a Quentin Crisp-like state of grace in respect of the housework. The laundry basket is overflowing. We have nowhere to put up a christmas tree because of the crap I've allowed the family to accumulate (see previous post, for some elucidation).

I should be washing, ironing, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing & etc not to mention having unbridled (or even bridled) sex with the college student we recently employed to work part time (and I ain't giving up my Saturday shift any time soon, let me tell you!).

However, something more important than all this - only speculatively not including the last which is only a pipe dream after all, while the rest is semi-obligatory - is on the agenda. It is the time for truffle making.

Once I've got all these annoying little thoughtlets out of my head (except perhaps the one about Tom) I shall start with the chocolates. Much easier than buying presents for people. And I can drink any left over rum, cointreau, chivas regal & etc. Not to mention eat the samples.

I might hate this time of year but it is not without compensations. All of which leads me right back to Tom and my current pet daydream. Mmmmn Sex and Chocolate

No comments: