Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Thursday 19 July 2007

The airing room

All my shifts this week are 13:00 starts and yesterday I managed to get in a bit of a muddle as a result of which I got less done than planned. I forgot to open up his room and give it a bit of fresh air until it was too late to be worthwhile. The stink does tend to build up quickly and was almost a physical thing when I opened the door as soon as I got back from the school run this morning. Today we were almost run over by the One Stop delivery truck, which makes a change from being nearly mown down the woman who runs the local betting shop.

It is a shame really because I've got a plan for that woman. I cooked it up last night while waiting for sleep to overcome me. Given that the road the school is on is a narrow side street which has room for only one vehicle at a time when lined on both sides by parked parents' vehicles all I'll have to do to get her attention is Stop. With traffic behind she'll have nowhere to go. She might even put down her mobile phone, normally a jammed to her ear and talk to me : and if I get her attention I'll give the irresponsible bitch a piece of my mind.

No comments: