Just add slake lime, then cook for a long as possible

Monday 16 July 2007

Stupid Customer Anecdote #2

Read into that what you will.

A lady came into the store one day last week in search of a particular item - 35mm film. Fair enough. Approached a member of staff for directions and member of staff in turn asked me whether or not we sold said product. As happened I could see said product on display not more than 3 metres from me so pointed both staff and customer towards it.

Customer asked for more help with whereabouts because she couldn't see what I was pointing at. So I pointed again, and explained the product was being displayed in the top left hand corner of the nearest end-of-aisle fixture. "I can't see it," the woman complained and I realised that she was referring to the fixture, not the product - because she'd come out to look for photographic film and not bothered to bring her specs with her. She'd left them at home, as she admitted to me eventually.

Which gave rise to a few questions such as "Why would you?" and "How the hell did she find us?"

No comments: